Hello! I need some help/feedback with a pine forest I'm working on.

The map I'm drawing is for my D&D group. There is a pine forest to the north that is very dense with very tall trees. I've seen lots of tutorials here and on the 'Net for how to ink a general purpose or deciduous forest, but I've not seen a whole lot on pine forests.

I think the way I've done the other two deciduous forest is okay. They look passable and they match the rendering on the mountains. I want the pine forest to match the way I did the deciduous forest, but as you can see from the screen shots the pine forest looks fairly weak. I can buff up the linework to mimic the deciduous forest on the west side to give it some feeling of shadow, like I did in the deciduous ones, but after that I'm lost.

I want this to look like traditional pen and ink (despite it being all digital ). I might color this later on, but I don't want coloring to carry the detail or the shadowing, so I want to use line to address the shapes and any shadowing done.

Please let me know what you think and if you have any tips for pine forest it would be greatly appreciated.

Pictures are: 1.) Overall View, 2.) Close Up of Deciduous Trees, 3,) Lame Pine Forest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Overall Map-001.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	786.9 KB 
ID:	81983 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Close Up-001-A.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	793.6 KB 
ID:	81984 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Close Up-002-A.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	844.0 KB 
ID:	81985