Thread: My First Map: Practical guide to Evil

Question My First Map: Practical guide to Evil

Hello.

Today I found this forum and decided to make a map. Chose a fantasy setting I was currently reading (a Practical Guide to Evil), traced their map and following tutorials found on this forum obtained a result.

Now I want some feedback: Did I miss some obcious detail that should be included in the map? What do you think about the work?

Another problem that I came across is that I wanted a map featuring an Evil land but I had no idea how to transmit the dread fealing. I tried to make Evil Cities black but It feels shallow.

How do I make an Evil map?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire3.png 
Views:	198 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	81829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire911.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	82018  
    Last edited by nobodi12; 04-04-2016 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Added an imporved version of the map

A clear and well done map. I would just make those coastal rings more "round".

Good map Nobodi12 I like how you added in the sea monsters on the outer edges of the map, I take it you hand drew this map?

I thought the map was finished but it was not. I returned and redid a lot of things on it.

@Ilanthar Thanks. Will keep it in mind for the next map.

@Kargan3033 I also love little monsters scribbles around the maps. No unfortunately I'm bad at drawing so I copypasted immages I found around the web. It is made interely in PS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire911.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	82019  
    Last edited by nobodi12; 04-04-2016 at 11:38 AM.

These are lovely. I really like the simple hills, they are so charming.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh