Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Cadurca (temporary name) WIP

Oh yes - better again

Have you considered adjusting the last one so that the colour of the land is a little more intense perhaps? I know that others have suggested lime green, but how about a very grey lime green, and also a touch of orange and yellow. A warm climate ocean might look good with a warm climate 'savannah look' to the land? I'm thinking of plains of long golden-green grass between those forests.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Question Cliffs!

Nice map buddy,

I really enjoy the theme and colors. But man, those cliffs are nice. As someone who likes creating nice cliffs, I have to ask what brushes did you use for them? It suits them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh yes - better again

Have you considered adjusting the last one so that the colour of the land is a little more intense perhaps? I know that others have suggested lime green, but how about a very grey lime green, and also a touch of orange and yellow. A warm climate ocean might look good with a warm climate 'savannah look' to the land? I'm thinking of plains of long golden-green grass between those forests.
    That's a good idea and I'll try it but the primary map is the red one so, I'll finish it before playing some more with the others. Yellow/orange grass is a seducing idea, dunno if it'll work with the light blue sea but i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    Nice map buddy,

I really enjoy the theme and colors. But man, those cliffs are nice. As someone who likes creating nice cliffs, I have to ask what brushes did you use for them? It suits them.
    Thanks XCali The cliffs were drawn with the same brush as all the map which is a classic hard round brush. I think the size was 5 px for the cliff line, then 3 px for the details and legs, all this with width set to pressure.

If you like cliffs, go there post #7

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

I absolutely LOVE the shading you've done on the land. It really brings out the topography but doesn't mar the illustrative/painted style.

That's quite the praise, Meshon, thanks a lot !

At last, I can call this one done ! You can find the finished map here.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456