61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, give me fire and blood!

57 93.44%
  • No, I'm a peacenik!

4 6.56%

Thread: Create a War Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

would it have to be of a historical war?

could it be a fantasy war ???
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Post Of course!

Of course you could do a fantasy war map. The whole idea is to create a map becomes obvious to a viewer that it depicts an active war or battle scene. It could be a plan of attack/defense by a commander, it could be a historic reflection on a past battle. It is not just a map of a location, it is a location at war.

1. Sieged castle or town with defined artillery and supply lines
    2. Defense of the Dwarven Stronghold against the Drow down below.
    3. The Battle of Britain, or Gettysburg or Thermopolae, or the Alamo
    4. The Scouring of the Shire (Last chapter in the Return of the King, Tolkien).
    5. Whatever you are gaming with at the moment, use it, and create a war map...

Using map objects or defined areas to show where battle lines are drawn up, encampments, units afield, supply and communication lines, fortifications, defenses, mine fields, artillery lines.

Let your imagination run as to what genre, military technology, or place in time, if a real battle site - just make it a map at war.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-01-2008 at 10:05 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

lol then i have the perfect thing to do for this if it gets chosen, as it was something i was gonna do for a different site, but i couldn't fit it on an 800x800 image.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass