Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Emissary RPG system regional map

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Wip [WIP] Emissary RPG system regional map

I'm working on a regional map for the Emissary RPG system (recently successfully funded on Kickstarter). This is what I've got so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Emissary 2nd Commission Upload 1 Guild.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	1,018.4 KB 
ID:	81818

As of now it's still lacking all important locations, primarily because I wanted to have some feedback from the client regarding the terrain and what I can/cannot add before progressing any further.

South of the lake there'll be the ruins of a city, and there's going to be a citadel made from giant bones on the one large hill in the center of those rolling hills. If I get my will there'll also be a radar station atop one of the mountains, a bunker entrance, a field of tombs, a damaged communications tower, a destroyed Maglev track and a few other things. :p

Since we're at it... any ideas for the forests? I feel like the lineart still needs some finishing touches...

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Forests huh?...hmmm...well, maybe there needs to be a forest of glass trees? Maybe they are meant as a water collection station, the water being gathered by condensation inside the hollow glass trees?

Maybe the trees could be drawn as if they had liquid inside them.

Or, maybe some type of cybernetic organism peeking his head above the tree canopy? Or a ship that has crashed and burned a large scar out of the land right in the forest center? Or maybe a forest that is constantly burning but the fire never consumes the trees and creates a ton of smoke? Sorry, just trying to brainstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Forests huh?...hmmm...well, maybe there needs to be a forest of glass trees? Maybe they are meant as a water collection station, the water being gathered by condensation inside the hollow glass trees?

Maybe the trees could be drawn as if they had liquid inside them.

Or, maybe some type of cybernetic organism peeking his head above the tree canopy? Or a ship that has crashed and burned a large scar out of the land right in the forest center? Or maybe a forest that is constantly burning but the fire never consumes the trees and creates a ton of smoke? Sorry, just trying to brainstorm.
    Cool ideas, but I was thinking more along the lines of "Maybe you should add a few more squiggly lines in between? Draw a few more tree tops around the edges? ..."

This is looking really cool! For the forest, um... maybe it just seems like a a fenced in area by the forest edge, maybe try to add more tree tops around the edges (I stole your suggestion ). I don't know if you're doing colour and shading but I think that would help.. I don't know...

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

AN interesting and promising start Wired! I'm not sure about the lone trees, they doesn't really fit with the rest right now, imho.

Beautiful and very dimensional! I feel like I'm flying and looking down over the whole countryside. I'm eager to see more!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    AN interesting and promising start Wired! I'm not sure about the lone trees, they doesn't really fit with the rest right now, imho.
    You mean the barren ones? Yeah, I've decided they're just placeholders for now (they were part of a brushpack and looked better than my own efforts; we'll find out how my own colored versions end up...).

Almost done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Emissary 2nd Commission.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	82183

Looking great! I'm loving those skeletal remains. That must have been one large creature!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Looking great! I'm loving those skeletal remains. That must have been one large creature!
    From the client:

"The overall atmosphere of this one should be something more akin to a traditional fantasy map, but the ruins are of an industrial civilisation. The back story behind this one is that, in the recent past, a group of Emissaries went to the planet in an attempt to prevent a civil war from spiralling out of control. However, they failed and the rival factions annihilated each other with chemical and biological weapons. The Emissaries were driven to despair and became Fallen in the process. One of their number became the thing that constructed the Citadel out of processed bones and roams the landscape, fashioning corpses into the strange statues that littler the moors."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast