This is my first post here (I'll introduce myself below) and my first serious mapping attempt. It's not perfect but I am not unhappy with it. It is not completely finished; especially labelling is missing and the grassy planes around the rivers need some more details. I mainly used some of the tutorials by Jonathan Robert (fantasticmaps.com) when making the map.

It is a map for a current adventure I am running. It is set high up in the maintains in a region known for its tea plantations. All comments are appreciated, but there are some specific point for which I hope to get some suggestions.

• I am not completely happy with the mountains. These are meant to be seriously sharp peaks. To me they feel to much 'plateau-y'/stepped (especially the maps on the right). Do you have any suggestions to improve this, or perhaps some good examples?

• The slopes of the valley on the bottom-right are meant to be quite steep (30-45 degree slope). I tried to emphasize this using shading. Perhaps not enough, as the valley seems quite flat to me. Any suggestions for that?

There are some issues with scaling and different levels of detail in the map. The bottom-right part of the map was done with pen on paper. The city was drawn later in the Gimp. The level of detail and the scales don't match. This is something I have to pay more attention to in my next map.

About me: I am a statistical researcher with little experience in cartography. But I do enjoy drawing and map making seems an enjoyable and useful excuse to draw more. I have some experience in creating interactive data visualisations, so I might look into creating some interactive fantasy maps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaart.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	82425