Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hothachar

Default Hothachar

Last Sunday it was finally my girlfriend's birthday and my present for her was the map of Hothachar. After giving it to her I consider this map officially finished.

The map shows the world of Hothachar (the Whole World or All the World in ancient Atyani), where most of my maps are located. It shows the continents in different colour. The thick borders are cultural borders defined by a combination of culture, ethnics, religion etc. and the thin borders are political ones, independent nations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hothachar Final Small (size).jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	5.41 MB 
ID:	82470

As always, let me know what you think!

-Dan
    Last edited by DanielHasenbos; 04-13-2016 at 08:35 AM. Reason: accidentally posted to soon

Guild Apprentice

I think you might have forgotten to attach the map? I can't see anything here!

Quote Originally Posted by whump View Post
    I think you might have forgotten to attach the map? I can't see anything here!
    Yeah, accidentally pressed enter and started the thread before finishing my post ;P

-Dan

That looks beautiful! Excellent job! I hope your girlfriend likes it.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Yeah, tell us how she reacted already 😀
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Very nice map! I really like the general composition and color scheme.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

I really like this map. The way you've drawn the land masses for the scale of the map seems very believable to me. The different kinds of borders are a very nice touch as well. I like that, while you have added navigation lines, you haven't overdone it, thus making the map seem very believable from a sea navigators point of view. If this map were real, with the information given, I am confident that I could sail a ship around this world with very little fear of becoming lost ( barring getting caught in a storm at sea...you wouldn't happen to have a map of the constellations too would you ? ) to me, these things really make the map stand out as a piece of art that is both good and "functional". Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    That looks beautiful! Excellent job! I hope your girlfriend likes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    Yeah, tell us how she reacted already ��
    She loved the map! She has been asking me to do a world map for a while actually, and I pretended to be too busy for such a map.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice map! I really like the general composition and color scheme.
    Thank you, Ilanthar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    I really like this map. The way you've drawn the land masses for the scale of the map seems very believable to me. The different kinds of borders are a very nice touch as well. I like that, while you have added navigation lines, you haven't overdone it, thus making the map seem very believable from a sea navigators point of view. If this map were real, with the information given, I am confident that I could sail a ship around this world with very little fear of becoming lost ( barring getting caught in a storm at sea...you wouldn't happen to have a map of the constellations too would you ? ) to me, these things really make the map stand out as a piece of art that is both good and "functional". Great job!
    Thanks, Tonnichiwa! I happy that the navigation lines look good, I had some trouble getting them right. I don't have a map of the constellations, but that might be an interesting project! (: I might give that a try when I've got the time.

This turned out beautifully and I'm glad your girlfriend was pleased. It's a lovely gift.

I really love the muted colour palette and the general layout of the whole thing. It looks so authentic and believable. Fantastic work!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Turned out fantastic! Must echo ChickPea, it's very authentic looking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast