Thread: Good Evening... I am new here!

Post Good Evening... I am new here!

Hello. I am known as Turion and I am a unique individual of sorts. I hope I get to thrive here in some day. I have only recently discovered these forums and was lurking around and figured I registered because I was incredibly interested in what it would bring. I admit I was a little nervous about registering here because I thought I would be booted off not making enough maps or any good ones, but I hope I can be a good addition to the members of this board and very nice to meet all of here.

Welcome, welcome Turion!

Haha, it doesn't work at all like that, any map is accepted. After all, everyone has to start somewhere.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing some of your maps and hope you will thrive here

Well, if you've been lurking you probably already know of the tutorial section, so I don't have to point you towards it.

Glad to see you here.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Hi Turion, Welcome to the guild. It's always nice to see new members, no matter what their skill level at making maps. Since you've been lurking for a while I'm sure you've noticed how much fun we've all been having with the 10 year celebration of the guild and I am sure you are probably wondering if it is an exclusive club. It is not. All are welcome. Please come say hello. I am sure many members of the guild will be more than happy to say hi and to help you with whatever you need. If your interests lie in map making using a specific type of software, there are plenty of people that use all sorts of different types so I am sure you can find someone to help you with that. Also, there are forums for challenges, both the light and the regular challenges. These are basically ways to socialize with other guild members, get feedback on your maps, and learn to challenge yourself and your skills. And the best part is that it is a lot of fun!. So please, don't be shy, come join in the fun, we'd be glad to have you.

Welcome Turion. I've only been a member for a couple months and I have to say you have nothing to worry about. This guild is filled with a great group of people. And I've learned a lot in the time I've been here. And you can too.

So, again, welcome to the guild and hope you will share some of your maps with us.

Thank you all for introducing me. I am happy to have joined you. it's gonna take a while for me to make a map however (busy life at the moment.) but I promise to learn a few things. Also, I wonder if you guys know anything about StarCraft and Star Wars maps as well? Sounds weird I know, but there is actually a purpose for that, as well as an interesting reason behind it. I think I already found a free to use online map maker I could practice with so it'll do before I could download anything solid in the future.

But I know I will love being part of this guild.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

There was a mapping challenge that just wrapped up in January that was all Star Wars maps, you should be able to find those in the challenge archive. Maps of all kinds are enthusiastically welcomed here.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild - we're pleased to have you, both as a lurker, but preferably as a participant
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise