Thread: Map of the Dawn Republic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Really great buildings you're.. building ... the icon you're trying out seems a little stretched. I like the idea of symmetry, but there is way to much castle in respect to city - and the wheel structure seems to keep districts apart + if you breach an outer wall you'll have a clear run to the center and don't have to fight your way through the city to get there. I'd go for a small keep surrounded by houses That would also probably translate better to a map icon which is small and details would disappear.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    Really great buildings you're.. building ... the icon you're trying out seems a little stretched. I like the idea of symmetry, but there is way to much castle in respect to city - and the wheel structure seems to keep districts apart + if you breach an outer wall you'll have a clear run to the center and don't have to fight your way through the city to get there. I'd go for a small keep surrounded by houses That would also probably translate better to a map icon which is small and details would disappear.
    Yeah, i felt like i need to break up the shape a bit more as well. The thing is that this is a sample for the icon of the capital city of this region, which has a layout that was already defined by the DM :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	90xP7PZ.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	188.4 KB 
ID:	83266

I'm not a fan of the hub and spoke layout either, but i would like to stick to the layout as it exists.
    I was thinking of getting rid of the towers on the outer wall entirely, perhaps keeping two on each side of the north and south gates of the outer wall.
    I'm also likely to ceate a more circular shape using shorter straight pieces of wall with more divisions so i can break up the shape a bit more.