Thread: Highmoon - First attempt at a town map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Great to see some more work done on the map!

You have made some great improvements, like the different looking housing and the texture for the walls. I think the road texture in the other version of your map are better though! This one detracts too much I think, it looks really grainy.

As for the explanation for the forests: if there are elves you should definitely keep them

I still think you should be able to save the map on a larger resolution. Although I have to admit I cut and pasted all my maps together by making screenshots in CD3... not the best method.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Novice

Map

After much fiddling, I am fairly happy with this now. I have added blur to the road and a bit of edge fade to break the horrid texture up.
    I think the towers are OK now I have changed the walls. I thought I would try the new borders from the November issue of the Cartographers Annual, it looks OK.

I have learnt a lot and the advice is certainly useful (keep it coming) and the different ideas make up for my lack of drawing skills!

I might call this one done, as my players need to go there tomorrow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	highmoon2.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	260.6 KB 
ID:	7929  
    Found in a computer dictionary..Recursive - see recursive...
    Software used - Campaign Cartographer 3, DD3 and CC3.