Thread: MapFeed would like to present: FlappyMap!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default MapFeed would like to present: FlappyMap!

I know this is the moment you've all been secretly asking for. In honor of our new overlords, I'd like to present to you MapFeeds first project: FlappyMap!

I hope you all enjoy it. There may be some glitches, and it probably only works on newer browsers, and I doubt it works at all on mobile browsers, but I'll try to get that going soon. If you have any problems, feel free to post them here, and I do expect it to be a little glitchy as it's my first HTML5 project. This game was created with Godot Engine. And because of that, the core engine functions require about 24 megabytes to be downloaded when you load it up. Please enjoy!

http://www.cartographersguild.com/FlappyMap
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

10/10 would flap again

WOOOOOW!!! This is AMAZING!!! This is what I have ALWAYS dreamed of my whole life!!!! This is so addicting I think I'm going to be playing this for the rest of the day instead of drawing maps.. heheheh. This has changed my life forever!!!

Some criticism: I think the name MappyBird would have been way better. Also, it doesn't play like the original, the technique is much different, because in this you can hold it down, it really makes the game a lot easier. I'm really sad about that because now I can't do hardcore FlappyMap tournaments with all my friends.

(because I'm totally the kind of guy you loves games like this.. )

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey, that change could happen. I'm also considering an android version and a desktop version...unfortunately without an x-code license I can't do a iphone app
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

YEEES!! I need this on my phone!! (that is, if I even had a phone...)

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Love the fact that the score is to SIX decimal places!

Would definitely give it a 5/7.

Blog Entries

What a game!
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

Map Hey, Foremost, do you want to draw a map for me and get paid?

HI,
    I am Terry Maloney from Urbana, Illinois. I wanted to search a little bit about the flat earth and I found out that all the maps are over a 100 years old. They are too hard to read.

I saw your drawing in the Cartographers' Guild and noticed how plain and simple it was. Every body else was into art work rather than fundamental functional maps.

Would you be interested in making some money? You could print out the maps I have attached and just do a trace for the continents and islands. Then just use a computer to put in the language. (I like the free program Gimp)

The last flat earth map I know about is from the 1800's. I want a very PLAIN easy to read, simple, uncluttered map of the flat earth. I have a few attachments to model after. Shape of land masses do not have to be accurate (just approximate from the given maps).

Longitude and time zone lines are wanted. Cute little artistic drawings are not wanted (no hills or mountains or lakes). It will be a very business like map. (IBM style/ not artistic)

It will have all the continents, and large countries (like Argentina and USA and England) Ocean names, major islands which are in a space big enough. Should be able to read the fonts on the internet. We will start out with a beginner's map and possibly do more detailed maps in the future in segments.

I am just giving you a basic idea. If you choose to accept this mission (ha ha) we'll communicate more on details. I want it to be easy for you.

My email is maloneyguitars@yahoo.com
    My phone # is 217-364-3943

If there are no attachments, send me your email. I pushed the buttons but I didn't see them load.

Good luck in your map future !
    Thank you for a quick reply,
    Terry

Mastered the game once I figured out the magic trick.