Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
That's lovely, arsheesh. Very empty and evocative of cold, windswept plains...
Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
Nice. I like how the map rides the border.
And the pine forests are a win.
Thanks, I drew inspiration from the forests on some of his work, so he deserves credit here.

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
Nice work Arsheesh. Like Diamond, I like the feeling of emptyness. Coastlines could have used a bit more details perhaps.
Thanks Max. Yeah I agree. I'll spend a bit more time on the coast lines in my next map.

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
Very nice composition and treatment of the elements, shows what you can do with just a few elements, nice labels too.
Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
This is absolutely beautiful, in a muted sort of way. Moody, sparse, with a sense of great expanses which many maps never quite convey. Bleak and windswept, indeed.

Looking at this in detail, I like just about every element--the color and shapes of the forests, and the clear distinction between deciduous and coniferous trees; and especially the mountains and hills. Ordinarily I don't like sharp, pointed mountain-ridges, but these look great.

I assume your client supplied you with the names? I notice the cities are "Bantho" on the western shore of the Me Mievnoke Sea, and "Batho" to the east, and I'm assuming that difference is grounded in the setting.
Thank you kindly. Yes the client did come up with the names (in fact he's a linguist by trade). Oops, that was a typo, thanks for catching it. I'll have to send my client an amended version.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
good work! the pine forest are awesome indeed!!
Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
I second what everyone else said. Reminds me of the relatively simple style of the Barrowlands.. love it!
I'm glad to here it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
Beautifully drawn. I'm not such a big fan of the emptiness, personally I'd have tried to fill out that space with something, small illustrations, maybe swirling gusts of wind. Budget and client permitting, of course It's a wonderful style either way, great bleak colors, and I love how those pine forests surround the mountain peaks
Thanks. Yeah I too felt that there were large expanses of emptiness that could have had more detail added. I asked my client about this and whether there were any other terrain features he wanted added, but he didn't mention any so I just kept the expanse empty.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement everyone!

Cheers,
-Arsheesh