Hi Martixy!

I'm also a fairly new member to the guild, and a fairly new mapper as well. I've only been here a couple of .months. I can tell you, this is a great place to learn about mapping, get inspiration, and also to showcase your work for help along the way.

Like you, I am making maps for a D&D campaign I will be running, and like Tonnichiwa, I too have campaign cartographer, just the basic 3pack- campaign/city/dungeon mapper. In about two weeks, I was able to create a series of basic continental maps that make up my world, with very little instruction. They were VERY basic, however. I just put something together that looked right to me, without much thought(beyond the scope of my game) of how or where to place things. I've learned a bit since then. . I just recently finished a map of my starter town ( my players' home base) that took me so.ost three weeks to map. That's longer than it took me to map my entire world! And when you look at it, then look at my first maps, you can SEE the difference.

I guess what I'm trying g to say is that the amount of time it takes to make maps, depends on you. How much time you are willing to spend to make them, and how you go about making them. Some of these guys(and gals) have been working on the same map for years. Others can make absolutely beautiful maps in a couple of days. The best way for you to find out, and to learn how, is to just jump right in! Fortunately you have come to the right place to get help along the way.