Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Village of Marmenadir

Awesome work. I love the use of shadows. It gives A) Depth, and B) a mood to the village. (Also, after a long hiatus, you get the first comment from me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayharchitect View Post
    Awesome work. I love the use of shadows. It gives A) Depth, and B) a mood to the village. (Also, after a long hiatus, you get the first comment from me!)
    Thanks Jay.
    Glad to see you back around.

Sigh. I wish I had that kind of skill. You should be proud of yourself!

You made that map in three days? What? How? It is so damn beautiful i would have assumed this took like a week or two to make.
    It's really damn nice.

the beach is especially appealing to me, i'd like to just sit down on that beach and listen to the waves lapping up the sand.

A nice map. Interesting choice to have "bending" buildings. Gives the place character. Like "Remember the place our characters visited, the small dock with the curved buildings?"

Superbe ! One day i'll try a city map, and i'm sure the result won't be that pretty, but i know now where to find the inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Orion View Post
    Sigh. I wish I had that kind of skill. You should be proud of yourself!
    Thanks SoO If you look at some of my earlier work, I've improved a lot and I think anyone can if they work at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitedtk View Post
    You made that map in three days? What? How? It is so damn beautiful i would have assumed this took like a week or two to make.
    It's really damn nice.

the beach is especially appealing to me, i'd like to just sit down on that beach and listen to the waves lapping up the sand.
    Haha, yes. I make a habit of trying to increase speed of production.
    And I would also like to sit by the beach and listen to the water and the waves... sigh... that would be nice indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    A nice map. Interesting choice to have "bending" buildings. Gives the place character. Like "Remember the place our characters visited, the small dock with the curved buildings?"
    Thanks alhoon I try different things with the architecture and road layouts. Just fun to vary things up some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    Superbe ! One day i'll try a city map, and i'm sure the result won't be that pretty, but i know now where to find the inspiration.
    Thanks Warlin I don't know, you are doing some really fantastic work lately. You might be surprised at just how good of a city you could produce.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123