Thread: 3d Vaeya, 2d's showing part of the Arkaeyan Rim

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I would also like to note the hardest part from going from 2d to 3d, while wanting to maintain accuracy of 2d drawings is not easy, yet you can see the gridlines in the last two pictures show how it was done. A fun, continuing project.

Thank you tilt! Here is what I am trying to do: make a game using new game engines. The advantage of this type of project output, vs. say a fully detailed amazing map, is that I am getting a team together to flesh it out. The 2d paper showing the mountains is for artistic coherency in the project, since people tend to make mountains differently. The team will give it another once over with whatever color scheme they want to set their own personal tone to the region that they are working on. The 3d globe is an advantage because it's going to be 3d scanned into a computer once it is finished, giving the world a preliminary height map as well, since the mountains are going to be textured slightly onto the surface of the globe. The final bonus of this approach is security, that pending any legal disputes over ownership, I own the physical globe and the maps, which all other works are a derivative thereof.
    Last edited by Vigilus; 05-03-2016 at 05:52 PM.