Hi

My name is Zach Glazar and I joined awhile ago, but I dropped by again to leave a donation and hope to visit more often. I am not a cartographer but I love fantasy maps.

I came here back in 2012 looking to make maps for a kick starter project. After a week or so of browsing I realized I better hire someone as I was never going to produce what I wanted- just looking at the sites gallery was a humbling experience. To make a long story short I got the maps I wanted from an amazing cartographer. It was part of a package that was nominated for a 3 Castkes and 2 ENnie awards (one directly related to cartography). It did not win but I attribute a large part of its reception to Alyssa (the cartograoher I first noticed here).

Thtee years later I am familiar enough to be dangerous with Adobe CC and would like to learn more about actual cartography. Although I self published for my two box sets my work now is focused as a member of Frog God Games.

Our cartographer is a busy professional and I want to make better 'pre-maps' to save him time. I also hope to make improved ' brainstorm' maps for myself. I love fantasy maps more than fantasy art and am happy just to be an amatuer that gets to work with professionals and tinker around with the tools.

Anyway, I am grateful for the existence of your forums and the hard work put in by your admins and active members.

Zach Glazar
Frog God Games - www.FrogGodGames.com
Lesser Gnome- www.LesserGnome.com