Thread: World Outline with Earth-like scale and continents

Map [Taken]World Outline with Earth-like scale and continents

I am making an RPG and am having a bit of difficulty in designing the basics of my world and thinking how to place the pixel art tiles I've made in a way that will feel realistic to me.

So, I would like to pay someone to do that thinking for me!

All I need is a pretty good quality outline of a world that is Earth-like but is clearly not Earth.

It should be in this style, as a clean outline is all I need:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 11.41.06 AM.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	358.9 KB 
ID:	83365
    (Taken from here)

The one thing I really need in this project is for it to really look like continents.
    So it should have these kinds of features that Earth has:

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 11.49.25 AM.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	83367
    Large seas that help form some of the continents the way that the Mediterranean forms lower Europe and Upper Africa.

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 11.50.10 AM.png
Views: 160
Size:  13.9 KB Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 11.50.16 AM.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	83369
    Long islands and peninsulas that follow the coastline of the larger part of the continent.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 11.51.02 AM.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	83370 Name:  Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 11.51.13 AM.png
Views: 153
Size:  19.7 KB
    Some areas with long smooth coastlines like western Africa, and some areas with much more jagged coastline like southern South America.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 11.49.51 AM.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	83366
    Area of many broken islands of various sizes (include one or two big ones)

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 11.51.25 AM.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	83372
    Islands should have a kind of flow to them like those of Oceania.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 11.51.30 AM.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	337.3 KB 
ID:	83373 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 12.17.22 PM.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	83374
    Have at least one large landmass as a continent, similar to Asia. Also, large inland lakes are good and should almost form a line or curve (like the ones that cut across North America and Asia in these pictures)

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 12.11.41 PM.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	83375
    In the northernmost and southernmost 8th of the picture, it should have these kinds of crackly river things, as cold climates seem to make this sort of feature on Earth. Compare this image to, say, the one of South America to see how cold climates break up a coastline different than they do in warm climates.

This is just what I feel makes the Map of Earth look really continenty, and can be used as a guide for things I'd like to see.

Now, because of the way I'm making my rpg (not all areas will be introduced at the release of the game), I do need a few specific things in at least one of the continents.

- Large area mass that spans similar climates to North America (so it goes from the heat of somewhere like florida, to the colds of northern Canada)

- The super cold areas can be separated so long as they can be reached without large sea voyages. So, smaller islands leading up to a northern continent the way that Singapore, etc leads to Australia is good, too.

--------------------------------------
    Please contact me with a general quote for this work, at cepheidevelopment ~~at~~ gmail.com

My desired timeline for its completion would be:

A week or two for a very blobby first draft, just so I can get a picture in my head and can start work on planning where I want different things to go.
    The starter continent finished in a couple of months so I can actually create everything I need for the beginning of my game.
    The finished, detailed outline in a year or two.

I would be super grateful to get something like this. And if something seems like I am asking too much, let me know and I can tone down my expectations a bit, because I don't really know how doable any of this is, especially on the timeline I'd really like.

Thank you so much for your consideration, and time especially if you've read all this!
    Last edited by cypiea; 05-06-2016 at 09:35 PM.

The cracky river thing is called a fjord and is made by the grinding movement of ice. Also, most map show Greenland as oversized compared to it's real size. This is because they use a projection that stretches the high latitude. Thus the phenomenon is significant but should not be exaggerated.

This is just my opinion, and I apologize if I misunderstood something, but your timeline is pretty long for just the outline of a world.. "detailed outline in a year or two" seem excessive to me, many people here could do that in few hours or maybe few days!
    perhaps I miss something.. how much bigger is this world? I mean what is the scale that you need?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    This is just my opinion, and I apologize if I misunderstood something, but your timeline is pretty long for just the outline of a world.. "detailed outline in a year or two" seem excessive to me, many people here could do that in few hours or maybe few days!
    perhaps I miss something.. how much bigger is this world? I mean what is the scale that you need?
    Oh yea, it really is as simple as it seems like it is. I really only need it in the scale that most maps are when you google image search "Map of the World". I mostly wrote that because I have no idea how long something like this would take, and my background is in photography, design, and programming all of which people drastically underestimate how long it would take, so I wanted to give my maximum necessary timeline.

If someone could do this for me, the whole thing, in a week or so then that is probably possible and would be wonderful!

Blog Entries

a simple outline like this at 5.68 pixels per degree ( 2048x1024) takes only a few minutes

black is land

just a mask made using " libnoise.so "
    Last edited by johnvanvliet; 05-06-2016 at 01:52 AM.
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

Thanks everyone! This project is now taken.