Thread: Map for VTT, print, and publishing

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Map for VTT, print, and publishing

I have created a manor in which the bulk of an original D&D module takes place. I am in the beginning processes of self-publishing this module and would like to do a few things related to maps:

1) an 8x10 300PPI scale drawing of the manor for print in the book. This is a simple line-art version a DM might use as a visual reference for room sizes or to sketch onto a larger battle map at his tabletop game session.

2) a VTT version of the map with assets that include furniture and decorations fitting the description of the setting. I don't know a ton about VTTs so I'm uncertain if this is one-size fits all or if roll20 and fantasy grounds each require their own map for some reason.

3) a high-resolution 1":5' version of #2 or a hybrid of #1 and #2 that will be used to create a printed 36"x60" custom battle map.

I actually have a lot of the dirty work done since I have already built a physical terrain model of the manors do can provide photos.

Also, because I intend to publish this, I need to be sure all work is appropriately original. Regarding copyright: I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

If you're interested in this work, please post gallery images to other works you've done or send me message via email.

Mavryk76@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Randy Aitken
    Last edited by Randy Aitken; 05-10-2016 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Commission contracted successfully

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Thank you to all that have sent me messages. I have made a selection and am closing this post.