Thread: The Island Of The Unknown

Wip The Island Of The Unknown

Hello guys,

I am new here and do my best to read every useful post... it seems I need ages for... :X
    From the tutorials I found on this forum I tried to make my own fantasy map with my minimal knowledge of photoshop.
    What do you think about my result as more experienced in this?

Greetings,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mpa_1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	83676   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	83677   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_3.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	83678  

Welcome to the Guild Mortalae. Well given your experience level this is a good first stab at mapping. The Ascension tutorial you are using is a great introductory tutorial to begin with too. In terms of learning the craft I think the best thing you can do right now is begin the slow process of absorbing as much information as you can about on the one hand Photoshop, and on the other, information about maps and map-making. There are plenty of great tutorials here on map-making in PS and I'd recommend going through at least several of them a couple times over. The more you practice at it the more knowledge you'll gain and the more confident you will become.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Welcome to the Guild!

Very nice first map! One thing I noticed is perhaps the landmass fits a bit too perfectly into the canvas, almost squarish.
    Also, to me the different terrain seems a bit vague, such as mountains and forests.. perhaps that is just the tutorial, and perhaps it is actually more realistic, but that's just something that I noticed.

Hope to see you around!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM