Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Six maps open for critics and comments :)

That's a lot of mountains...

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    That's a lot of mountains...
    By the smiley I guess you like it? Well I don't! THE PICTURE IS UPSIDE DOWN �� Gah... I forgot that when I post or send a picture from my Ipad it's always upside down....

Well, I have my huge lakes now, or the Kastosian version of the Great Lakes of Canada lol.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	84378

Sorry again for the turned picture. Will change that later when I have time. I would like to know though what you think of my drawing style, if you think I should change something or add some détails and all.
    Don't worry, I am already thinking of doing another version of my world once this one is done (yes I am a madman x.x). Sooner or later I will be starting two new threads.
    1-Espaltorado: I have four maps of another continent that I will be working on soon (still have not finished the first version though)
    2-Eyassendil Sea: Will be a smaller part of my evozen continent but I will be going in depth, talking of demography, of the different civilizations and their ideology and religious beliefs. Will also have alot of description on my main Empire, the Empire of Kastos of which I will be describing their history, their technology, their glory and bad behaviour as well. So far I have not talked really about my story so if you are interested stay alert for new posts from me .

So here is an update and a correction of the flipped photo.... Still not done but almost. You will see on the left a newer version I decided to remake (you may have seen it also on the thread about coastlines). I opted for, with the right one which will be the newest version once done, to have more free space for it was too clustered.

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	84403

Wow!!! This is impressive! This is a truly inspiring map you're working on! I like the lines, the contours.

Black and white maps are always hard for me, because I have a hard time distinguishing between land and water. Are you possibly planning on adding textures so it's less confusing? Or perhaps you are planning on coloring this map? Some of the shading is a little too dark for me... but that's just my personal opinion. I tend to have a problem with high contrasts... it does wonky stuff to my eyesight
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Well I am thinking about adding another colour, a dark grey or mid grey. Will allow me to work on the shadows. Concerning texture, I am hoping to find ways to improve it indeed. It is still unfinished, still have to put the ccities, roads, names and all.
    We all wish to create, but do we really create?
    What we draw and what we write is part of us.
    No we do not create, we simply discover who we are.
    **My maps have copyrights**

Okay, for the second colour, funny enough, the scanner did it on it's own and I actually like it XD At least ONE THING the scanner did well this time (or me scanning...) Some of my sheets were not 100% right angle so when I put them togheter, well.... I know I managed it quite well with my previous maps, but the paper was more thick (and lower quality). Another reason was that I had to cut the margin with scisors because the paper I use now, though being of good quality, is bigger. So sometimes I may have an uneven cut that the scanner picked up, explaining the angle. At least I have taken measurements when redrawing them so the map in itself is still 100% the same size, but now the outer margin. (Go back to my first post where i have 6 seperate maps, you will see I have a space of 1cm between the edge of the sheet and the map).

Now, whaat mostly changed alot is that where I have a bunch of peninsulas I added some civilizations. Planning to have something similar to Mayans and the Aztecs with pyramids. I also worked more on the two mountain chains that occupîed most of my thread "Planning an ecosystem". and just above that map, I worked alot on giving it more free space and less cluttered in the middle. The coastline really adds to the shape when looking from a zoom out perspective (though on my third map on the top I have forgoten an area...)

Oh, and before I go posting the image (in two parts like last time) Yes there will be a sheet missing at bottom right (I thought I lost the older version so I started redrawing a map of another continent instead of redrawing the last part of the Northern Evozen continent) Anyways, it was just the tip of a peninsula and did not have much. Now let me break that BIG picture in two...

Because of my awesome, wonderful, innate talent at scanning... I KNOW there are some... abstract art... I mean, YES there ARE places where the seperation shows that some rivers are broken. They are NOT (except for one that I will correct...). geeesh I hate computers and it is, I believe, the main reason I stick on maping on paper...-_-

Grrrrrr.... stupid computers... Hard to REMERGE everything... And then it was too big, even in two! Had to split it in six!

Name:	North northwest Evozen.gif 
Views:	43 
Size:	4.28 MB 
ID:	84860Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Northeastern Evozen.gif 
Views:	41 
Size:	3.82 MB 
ID:	84861

Name:	Center west Evozen.gif 
Views:	60 
Size:	5.15 MB 
ID:	84862Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Center eastern Evozen.gif 
Views:	57 
Size:	4.80 MB 
ID:	84863

Name:	Southwest Evozen.gif 
Views:	56 
Size:	5.60 MB 
ID:	84864
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Southeast Evozen.gif 
Views:	106 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	84865  

and here is the South eastern map. Since it's smaller, it will appear in chat WAY bigger.

Name:	Southeast Evozen.gif 
Views:	106 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	84865

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast