Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: May/June 2016 Lite Challenge: Escoba

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

A lovely stylised start to this challenge Loukana! The sketchwork is very nice indeed and it's great to see the world building across the two updates.

I'm not entirely sure about your font at the moment, but I guess it may work depending on how you do the rest of the map.

Again, thank you for your comments !

Quote Originally Posted by Elterio Delgard View Post
    I think your landscape has alot of potential for writting a novel or playing D&D
    As a gamemaster, I find myself quite flattered by this comment ! Personnally, I find it a bit too "classic" (mage tower, volcano dungeon, tree city,...) for my tastes, but you're welcome to it if you want to use it for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    I'm not entirely sure about your font at the moment, but I guess it may work depending on how you do the rest of the map.
    Argh, no, the font was just temporary ! Using Times New Roman for a map when there are so many interesting fonts available is a bit sad... ^__^;

So, here's the third WIP, with cleaned cities, mountains, coast, river and legend. I gave them names, too !

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Escoba_04_LD.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	548.6 KB 
ID:	84037

Next step, I'll tackle those forests, hills and lakes, and add the shading of the crater.

Your map is looking Great! I did kinda throw in all the standard tropes didn't I! Well, at least I forgot the Evil Marsh!

Love the update! The cities are great. I really want to learn to draw cities like that.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Well, at least I forgot the Evil Marsh!
    I almost added an evil marsh around the river's estuary, but then I went "...Naaah, too cliché !"... XD

Great work on this Loukana! The buildings/Cities are excellent and I love the frame. One nitpick : the title box doesn't really fit with the frame, imho.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Loukana, this is looking great. I love the way the mountains turned out. Not to mention the city/town icons.

One comment/question if I may...I assume that Mount Durn is the required volcano, but at the mo it just blends in. Are you planning on adding more to it to make it clear as to what it is?
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great work on this Loukana! The buildings/Cities are excellent and I love the frame. One nitpick : the title box doesn't really fit with the frame, imho.
    I'm happy to hear that you like the cities. :-) By title box, do you mean the frame around the legend, compared to the frame of the map itself ? If that's it, the current frame of the map is just a random sketch, I plan to redo it much later, as well as the dragon and griffin illustrations (it will certainly be one of the last things I'll work on)

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    Loukana, this is looking great. I love the way the mountains turned out. Not to mention the city/town icons.

One comment/question if I may...I assume that Mount Durn is the required volcano, but at the mo it just blends in. Are you planning on adding more to it to make it clear as to what it is?
    Yes, I'll certainly comme back to the mountains shading later (once I figure the color scheme I'll use for this map), and plan to add a red glow coming from the crater, as well as smoke if I can manage to blend it nicely with the rest of the map.

Great map and yes, your cities are awesome and inspiring. Beau boulot !

Ok, new WIP !

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Escoba_06_LD.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1,008.3 KB 
ID:	84405

Next and probably last one will have cleaned illustrations, symbols and lines from legend, and I'll try to find something for the grasslands instead of this empty color. Oh, and drop some shadows for those forests and cities !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast