Thread: Fantasy writer seeking collaborator on making maps.

Guild Applicant

Default Fantasy writer seeking collaborator on making maps.

Brand new here, but several people have told me that this is the place to come for what I'm looking to do.

I am working on an ambitious epic fantasy series. The first book is nearly ready for final professional editing, but many of my readers tell me that what I really need are maps to help really solidify the world in their minds. So, I am looking for someone who is interested in collaborating on this. Here's the pitch for the book:

Two thousand years ago magic shattered the world.

Preserver historians would later call it the Sundering War, a terrible conflict of unrestrained magic that literally tore the world apart. Now, the world’s continents float amidst vast stretches of open sky, orbiting around a central core--the world's spine. And magic--along with any who can wield it--are seen as the darkest and most vile abominations in all the shattered world.

Raised in an abbey on the sunless cliffs of the spine, Rhea has been taught her whole life to hate and fear the dark power that destroyed the world so long ago. But on her sixteenth nameday, Rhea discovers that she herself can channel this cursed power. And after awakening an ancient magical shard, Rhea must flee the abbey to escape the dark forces who will stop at nothing to find it. Now Rhea’s only hope may lie in herself--in the cursed power she can wield, and the fleeting hope that she can learn to use it. For the Shadow gathers in the world, and the fate of all life and light may rest in her hands.

That's it. If your interested enough to learn more, or have any further questions, please let me know in this forum. Thanks so much!

Brian

Hey Brian - welcome to the Guild.
    Is this a paid map request?
    If so, we have a map request area where those are usually made.
    Many of us are professional map makers and illustrators and would probably want to work with you.
    We each have different styles.

Is there a particular style of work you're looking for?

Welcome!
    I would encourage you to fill out a request in the Mapmaking Request. A few of us may see this but more will see it there. There is also a sticky to help aid you finding the right artist. I already get an idea in my head about what you describe but the style you seek may not be what I'd do so the sticky information can help speed things along quite a bit.

Edit: Ninja'd by jd
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild. sounds like an exciting story you got going there
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Applicant

thank you, thank you! will post this there.