Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi,

I'm new, obviously.

I never know what to say in the way of opening comments, its like being suddenly put on the spot with a microphone and staring dumbly at the gathered masses. *cough* *taps mic*

Anyway, I've always been interested in map making, but mostly at a sketch level, but I've been trying to dip my toe in digital stuff and ran across this site. The tutorials have been amazing, I must say, and the work of some artists here is outstanding. I couldn't resist adding my name to the members list just to learn from the people here.

As for me, I'm a writer and author, who tends to dabble in drawn art. My weapon of choice is pencil, charcoal, and pen and ink, and hopefully soon Gimp and I will become fast and furious friends..

*waves*

Nice to meet all of you.
    -Chris

Welcome Chris! My maps are hand made to. Don't use Gimp, unless for labelling (me and comps = divorce) XD

Hi Elterio,

Thank you for the nice welcome.
    I'm still learning my way around Gimp, but I've been playing with the program on and off for a while. Finally decided to take the dive and really get into learning how to do things.

Hi Chris, welcome to the Guild and thanks for taking time to introduce yourself. Looking forward to seeing some maps from you, whether hand-drawn or digital. Feel free to post in the map-making folder for advice and critique. We're a helpful bunch, most of the time!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Welcome to the Guild Chris! Looking forward to seeing some of your maps!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild - gimp is your friend if you just feed it enough time
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise