Thread: Trindlum Dominion (Suróthill)

Guild Journeyer

Wip Trindlum Dominion (Suróthill)

Following the world map I recently finished, I now start the first political map in this world. My goal is to map one human society, goes by name “Trindlum Dominion”. They do have some land from the continent, but mostly they reside in number of islands.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JVYsvDK.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	83880

I don’t know the overall layout of the map, but it will have a small minimap of the continent, the main area of the dominion and bunch of distant islands that also “belong” to them. I guess that will be my WIP layout, until I come up with the design I want. I need small info banner somewhere, telling the capital and such.

Name:	MY1ve71.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	83881

I made a severe perspective mistake in my world map, and here I made a small test for the style (don’t mind the color, blue is my drafting color). It started to grow on me, most likely I will aim for something like that! Those trees will be lot of work though.

Name:	FklGAOI.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	83882

Here I began drawing and shading the mountains. Unlike last time, I will now do the shading in same way as I did this compass:

Name:	mQ85C48.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	83883

You're really developing this style well, I like the new mountains too! Keep it up!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    You're really developing this style well, I like the new mountains too! Keep it up!
    Thanks Josiah.

I tried out how I would go with the forests:

Name:	LEeoPFu.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	84173

Black color with the tree brush, and then hand-painted green fill. After doing it for longer, it looks like this:

Name:	84WbgnC.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	84174

I wished to alter how dense it is here and there, I'm pretty happy with the forest itself. I just have to come up with some ground effect/texture on the land under.