So there comes a time in every new mappers's journey when they realize they need something more from their maps, especially if they are using a program to create them. There's a point in the journey when Image editors become necessary to take maps to the next level. Apparently, my point in that journey has arrived. There are just some things that I'm going to need to do to finish my maps, that my program just isn't designed to do. I'm not knocking cc3+, far from it. But it's a mapping program, not an image editing program, and I'm getting to the point where I need that little extra umph.

I know there are free image editing programs out there... I'm pretty sure there's a free version of photoshop, I used to use paintshop pro years ago... I've heard people mention Gimp, and Wilbur, and of course MS Paint came with my Windows 10(but I can't figure out how to use the blasted thing, and it seems pretty limited).

So here's my next question. Is there a list of the different free image editing programs? And what are the pros and cons of each program? I want to get as much information on the different products out there before I choose one.... ease of use, quality of finished images, any information that will help me decided what to use would help.