Thread: Amarii Cartographer Neede

Guild Applicant

Default Amarii Cartographer Neede

Greetings,

We at Red Wizard Hat are developing a unique group and family friendly game which is set in our world of Amarii. We already have geographical land masses and landmarks named and identified for location and placement. We currently have 4 races that will populate and control their portion of the land mass. Racial and elemental icons have already been completed.

The map of Amarii will have to be created digitally and vectored.

For more information on Amarii and our lore for a better understanding of our game and needs please feel free to visit our website at ww.redwizardhat.com

I do not have the slightest idea what a project like this would run and we are on a limited budget. I know as more information is attained for a thorough understanding of needs price would prob. be adjusted.

I hope to hear from someone soon

Best Regards,

Daniel Carmichael
    Co-Founder of Red Wizard Hat

Guild Journeyer

I clicked on every link on your site, and still have no idea what kind of map you want. We need more info than "need map". There's style, size, purpose, details...

Subject

[I attach a scan of a rough sketch of the map I had in mind]
    [A brief verbal description e.g. - This will be a world map of three continents on an earthsized planet or this will be a map of a large coastal city]
    The scale of the map will be approximately X miles to the inch.

Style

[I am looking for a map in the following style - insert hyperlink of style of map required.]
    [I am looking for a (describe style e.g. greyscale, photorealistic, similar to the maps on page x of the DM's guide etc]

Quality & Size

[Professional / semi professional]
    [Required for print / web]
    [Dimensions of map: x inches by y inches (or pixels)]
    [Raster / Vector]

Time Constraints

What time limits (if any) are you working to?

Copyright

- (as simple or complex as you need. If you want something watertight consult a lawyer, the suggestions below are just for illustrative purposes and may not provide the protection you require).
    Please note that in order to use the map in any publication you'll need reproduction rights or copyright to the map. However for most uses, commercial and non-commercial, reproduction rights are enough. If you ask for full copyright to the map you should normally expect to pay more for it. (read more about copyright here). Sometimes you only want rights for a single use of the map and sometimes you'd like to have rights to use it again and again, so what it may be used for and for how long should be considered.

I would like reproduction rights to the map
    I would like copyright of the map
    The artist will retain copyright of the map
    I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Tip: *** You are unlikely to get a cartographer to make your map if you want it done for free but also want to have copyright of the image ***

Contact Details

Please note that as an anti-spam measure you need to have 5 posts on the board before you can send or receive Private Messages on this bbs. If you post an e-mail address you might want to take some precautions against evil, e-mail address harvesting spambots.