Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guildworld - Lands of Nahadua

Just amazing wow

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Yes sir, absolutely fabulous. Those mountains are incredible.

You should do... all the cities! *85 years later.. "Done!" *
    In my personal opinion I don't like how big the label for Il Mareus Kase is, but oh well.
    Well, I'll be looking forward to the colour version, whenever you can do it.
    Thanks Josiah. Yeah, it would take a long time to do all those cities.
    I tried several version of Il Mareus - It was the best of those attempts.
    Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    First off, just wanted to say thanks again J. for heading up the Guildworld collaboration. It's been a huge success so far and your diligence and organizational skills were no small part of this. Second, what a fantastic map. I really admire all the work and care you put into detailing the contours of the mountains. They look absolutely fabulous. Also admirable is the amount of political locales you've populated the map with. You came up with a wonderful naming convention. Great font choice as well, it really suits the map. The subtle colors on this piece are beautiful, but I also look forward to seeing this alternate color version you speak of. I'll have to come back and rep you once I've spread the love around a bit.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Arsheesh.
    I was glad to be able to do the Guildworld project and glad it was so well received.
    We have so much good work there. Hopefully we'll still have some work on the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipeJF View Post
    Holy ****, you're good! Incredible map!
    Haha, thanks Filipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbehobbe View Post
    Awesome map! Question: Did you make all the mountains by hand? No texture? Question two: Did you make the rivers first or the mountains first?
    Thanks Obbe. Yes, all mountains were done by hand. It's a long process. The progress is in the wip thread. No textures - just a soft round brush, several layers, and lots of time.
    I started with some basic lines to denote ridges and basic river locations. Then as I did more of the mountains, I added more tributaries and occasionally tweaked river positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilgoth View Post
    As the regular day of Master Il approaches its end, he stumbles upon a vision. Vision of goddess. Master Il falls to his knees, single tear on his left cheek. With wet eyes, and trembling voice, he prays;

Our Mapper in heaven,
    hallowed be your lines.
    Your kingdom come,
    your will be done,
    on paper, as it is in mind.
    Give us this day our daily feed,
    and forgive us our fandom,
    as we also have forgiven your delays.
    And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us – the map once again.

Seriously though. teach me those top-down mountains.
    Ilgoth - thanks, and that was entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Beautiful work, J. There's no other word for it. I'm constantly amazed and inspired by how you push yourself to try new things and then refine and perfect them.

Also, what Arsheesh said about Guildworld! I'm sure I speak for many when I say thanks for all your efforts there. You made the whole thing work.
    Thanks ChickPea.
    Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    I have no compunction about telling you that my next project is going to have these mountains. Or, at least, my attempt at them! I want to teach myself how to do them on paper. Thanks for inspiring me.

Another big thank you for organizing the whole Guild World endeavor. I think it got me going more in the community here, and I probably wouldn't have jumped immediately into the Lite Challenge if I hadn't had such a great experience with Good World.
    Thanks jshoer. I look forward to seeing how that progresses.
    It's a good thing to be able to develop a good top down style as well as perspective and iso styles.
    There are a lot of times where a good top down map may be needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Outstanding map. The mountains are indeed fantastic.
    Thank you Sap
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Once again, a splendid map with awesome mountains! And I completely second Arsheesh about your work for the Guildworld .
    Thanks Ilanthar.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosKen60 View Post
    Just amazing wow
    Thanks Ken.

So if time allows, this weekend I will start on some further maps for Nahadua.
    Might try to do some cities.

I just.... this map... it's so great! The crispness and legibility, but the flavor still gives a great feel!

This is beautiful. To echo previous statements, those mountains are gorgeous. I also love the compass.

Great map JE, love the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayharchitect View Post
    I just.... this map... it's so great! The crispness and legibility, but the flavor still gives a great feel!
    Haha, thanks Jay I'm always trying to improve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozquarter View Post
    This is beautiful. To echo previous statements, those mountains are gorgeous. I also love the compass.
    Thank you Goz
    Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Absolutely stunning mountains JE! Incredible talent and hard work to do that much detail by hand, but the results are undeniably amazing.
    Thanks Ravs
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Great map JE, love the mountains.
    Thank you Bogie

Superbe and really inspiring. I like this style. Thanks for all your work to manage the Guild world Challenge.
    Congrats and cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    Superbe and really inspiring. I like this style. Thanks for all your work to manage the Guild world Challenge.
    Congrats and cheers!
    Thanks Warlin.
    It's been a pleasure to work on and manage the Guildworld project.
    I'm hoping we still have more cool maps to see form the Guildworld.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12