Hi Everyone

I decided to join you guys after many years of lurking. I never really felt compelled to join before as I had nothing to share and didn't feel like I would be able to contribute anything.
I have always been really interested in maps, especially coastal maps and I have really enjoyed all the maps you guys have made here, some of them it just blows my mind how talented some of you guys are.

Anyway, I joined to share some images generated by a procedural terrain generator I am working on, I thought you guys might be interested in it.

I just joined so I don't know if I will be able to post any links, but if I am then here are some images of some of the terrain I generated just now with some different settings: http://imgur.com/gallery/35iXp

If you have any ideas about some new features I could add I would really like to hear about them, for example I am considering an option to generate just a coastline instead of the whole map, custom colours for each band, raise/lower sealevel in real time, add some rivers and forests, use a custom seed so the same map can be generated each time, an option to step through the generator one pass at a time so you can see the maps being built stepo by step and see how the algorithm works...

Looking forward to getting to know you all!