Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first map post

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the colors and textures... and I really like the way you blended the colors of your ocean... it gives it an 'old world' feel that I'm particularly partial to. I also like the fact that you didn't clutter your map. That's a habit I've been trying to break in myself.. putting too much in a map. Your border is simple, yet very elegant.

I'm curious... what language are you using in your title? I wanted to read it, but didn't understand it. May I ask what it says?

And welcome to the guild!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Thank you so much, everyone. I was really nervous about posting here, and I clearly didn't need to be. I look forward to sharing more and becoming a part of this community.

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    This is absolutely beautiful! I love the colors and textures... and I really like the way you blended the colors of your ocean... it gives it an 'old world' feel that I'm particularly partial to. I also like the fact that you didn't clutter your map. That's a habit I've been trying to break in myself.. putting too much in a map. Your border is simple, yet very elegant.

I'm curious... what language are you using in your title? I wanted to read it, but didn't understand it. May I ask what it says?

And welcome to the guild!
    Thank you so much!

I'm from Finland, so the language is my native Finnish The title box says "Sarrighar - The Old World in the year 103, on the 8th century. From the archieves of Haga Jar, cartographer Shila les'Mura'.

This is a very pretty map. I love the colour palette you've chosen and the texture. That slightly grungy look really appeals to me, and you've done a fantastic job with it. If I have to criticise anything, I would echo Ilanthar's comment that the mountains don't really stand out enough. You could almost overlook them with a quick glance and the map feels a little bare. But overall it's a gorgeous piece of work and well deserving of some rep. Looking forward to seeing more maps from you soon.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Pretty map. Hope you plan to develop other map of this world. This one could be nicer imo with political borders showing the different nations. Really good first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    Pretty map. Hope you plan to develop other map of this world. This one could be nicer imo with political borders showing the different nations. Really good first post.
    On it, sir I actually tried doing the border thing, but after 3 hours it still looked like absolute garbage, so I decided to screw it and leave the whole thing out... I will have to figure out how to do that properly one of these days.

Very attractive! Land masses look great. Colors are wonderful, as is the overall layout. I do think a bit more labeling would have been nice, but given your objectives this is a fine execution. Welcome to the Guild!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Great work. I like the coloring and tone... looking forward to seeing a filled in version!

Guild Expert

Wow! I absolutely love you're colour choices, how gorgeous is this! I'm a fan, really good work. I really love you're maps, this one, and you're other one, I will definitely be looking to them for inspiration.

Guild Apprentice

Love the simplicity of this map. Colors and textures are all awesome. It's definitely given me some ideas for my own mapping. Awesome work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12