Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to pay for maps, large but simple design.

Default Looking to pay for maps, large but simple design.

Hello, name's Edward.
    I'm looking to commission some Dungeons and Dragons 5e maps, somewhat large, multi-layered, however I only need them to be black and white, simple design no need for any aesthetic detail.
    I'm also totally willing to pay, I don't have a number in mind yet know that I'm not talking a few dollars or so but I'm willing to pay legitimate amount within reason. ($10-30?, or something to that extent, I'm open but I really don't know the appropriate price range). Will pay over paypal.
    First map is a large dungeon, a hanging ruin built on the underside of a floating island with a few layers, something like that of the "Avatar last airbender western air temple" but where it hangs from the bottom of the island far in the sky. This dungeon has many parts where there are no walls and sits out in the opne sky under a large floating island used by the "aarakocra" race. Also since the place is in ruins a few bridges and walkways might by broken off and parts of the dungeon may have fallen off entirely not a lot but a bit. Plus somewhere in the middle of the dungeon needs to be a large 60 feet across circular floor with no walls around it with a 50' large pool in the middle.
    Second map is a large web of small floating islands tied by ropes and filled wooden buildings built on and tied between the islands, this is interpretable and I'm not too worried about the outcome, however there does need to be one large island (less then 100 feet across) in the middle with a larger open stone ruin.
    Third is just a "medium" sized dungeon map which is a 9 story cylinder 100 feet across with a stair case going around along the walls going down to a bottom floor where a large pit sits in the middle of the room leaving only 10 feet to walk around the room, the top floor though is an open ruined stone building with parts broken off.
    Again I'm not looking for a lot of artistic design or complicated things, no secret doors or traps need to be placed, no doors really at all, I'll worry about a lot of that. I'm not very picky and I can work with a lot, so I'm interested to see what can be made.
    Thanks again for reading and I'll look forward to your reply.
    Last edited by edwardrc90; 06-16-2016 at 08:50 AM.

Hey Edward.

I'm sorry for being so blunt, but I'm afraid that you should be expecting to pay the price range you mentioned with another zero on it, and even that would be very low for professional quality if you're expecting that price for all the maps.
    Is there any image that you could link that would give people a better idea of what style you're looking for and how much detail you had in mind.

And it would be very unlikely for someone to get it done by thursday. Cartography is actually very time consuming and thus very expensive.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Hey Edward.

I'm sorry for being so blunt, but I'm afraid that you should be expecting to pay the price range you mentioned with another zero on it, and even that would be very low for professional quality if you're expecting that price for all the maps.
    Is there any image that you could link that would give people a better idea of what style you're looking for and how much detail you had in mind.
    I figured I might be low balling the price a bit but even then I can afford that with little issue. But as far as visual representation. I'd probably say something along the lines of this map but perhaps a little larger. Attachment 84498

I'm mostly looking for something quick and easy to use as a frame of referance for combat not anything to visual represent the area, but I agree it is time consuming none the less.
    Last edited by edwardrc90; 06-16-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Edward, the attachment isn't working at the moment (at least for me). Try and re upload it, that usually fixes it. This happens quite often I find.

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Edward, the attachment isn't working at the moment (at least for me). Try and re upload it, that usually fixes it. This happens quite often I find.
    Here's a link.

https://adventurematerials.files.wor...es-level-1.jpg

And attachment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	city-of-nightmares-level-1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	223.3 KB 
ID:	84500

Oh alright, that is a very simple map. You might be able to get something like that fairly inexpensive. I don't do those types of maps so I wouldn't be the one to ask.

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Oh alright, that is a very simple map. You might be able to get something like that fairly inexpensive. I don't do those types of maps so I wouldn't be the one to ask.
    Thanks, although I'll most certainly keep you in mind for as I may need more visually detailed maps in future campaigns.

Kosmic Dungeon does that kind (and very well) and he roams the forums so you can try and contact him.
    You can go there to see an example of what he does, I think it's what you seek.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ghlight=kosmic

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

I was just about to suggest KD too! Definitely worth checking out their work.

I was also thinking of Kosmic Dungeon.

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast