The "square" will be more obvious once I start putting buildings on. Basically, it's a central plaza that was built as a memorial of sorts when the city was rebuilt after a major war. That's probably not going to be it's final shape - buildings will overlap onto it.

The bridges - thanks - I knew they weren't looking right. I guess I'm going to have to go and draw them all by hand.

The largest of the roads that leads to the citadel is going to have a median down the center with trees.

The city is partially "organic" and partially planned. That is, the city was mostly just paths and such, and buildings built where ever, with roads then later paved between them. During the War of Coins (my worlds major war), the city was bombed/raided/etc, and during the rebuild, somethings were planned around what was still left standing.

As for why there are still roads - Airships are expensive, and are for primarily inter-island travel. Only the very rich would have their own private dock for an airship - every one else travels by foot or cart.

Thanks for the input so far

Chris