Thread: Sea God Temple - I.C.E. contest entry WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Next Update!

OK - I added walls, more chambers, more mosaics: squid, jellyfish, whirlpool and a tidal wave (all from Japanese ukiyo-e prints). I placed some rocky ground, paved street out front, and though difficult to see, ocean on the northern edge.

All I need to do is add some furniture: tables, benches, chests and whatnot into those 4 side chambers, then toss in the hex grid and call this complete!

More tweaks, of course... WIP so far...

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sargos-next.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	7903  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

Its looking really really good. That mosaic floor is dead cool.

I got some pics of some fish I saw in a pool if they will help and I think this is what the problem line RP is telling you about.

My only crit at mo is that the stone block flooring is very pixellated. You will have to find some higher res texture for that.

Post YEah, over compensation

Yeah, I was over compensating. I thought the JPG was blurry, so I unsharp masked it - well now its too sharp and very pixelated!

I won't do that again. So what do you think - post 999. One more to go to be able to Bonk with +5

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

What about this one... ok its the side of a wall in an abbey but its like paves

Wip And for my 1000th post!

And for my 1000th post - I'm complete with the design.

Of the four rooms I imagine the upper left chamber as being the treasury, and the room on lower left to be the "vestry". The room in the upper right is the Cartographer's Chamber (sea charts are kept here), the lower right chamber is an administrative area and library - or the "sacristy".

I added some lawn and trees outside the temple to help define "outside" and I used RR's pavement to replace mine. Finally I placed the I.C.E. grid on top of the floor/ground level.

I need to slice this up into 8 x 10 pieces and create a multi-page PDF file to submit for entry.

Completed map below.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sargoseum-final.jpg 
Views:	587 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	7917  
    DrivethruRPG store