Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [SCRAPPED]Temple of Tomival (Moon God)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Ah yeah, I see what yer gettin at there RP. I'd use the 8 phases but put the full moon at the top with the wolf claw in it (in black) then at the bottom use the no moon (white ring) with a white hand and keep the thing in the middle.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

There you go. Definitely like that idea.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

The symbol at the 'bottom' (the entrance) is Tomival's symbol, same as on the main altar. Didn't really think about it's affect regarding the phases and lycanthrope symbol. I put it there more or less for decoration. Hmmmm, it might just need to go.

I like your idea too Ascension - welp, back to the proverbial drawing board. Though I still am working on a way to use RP's stuff somehow.
    Last edited by Steel General; 11-22-2008 at 11:14 PM.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wip

OK, I've pretty much revamped the whole thing.

Did a couple of attempts with the skulls RP created, but I think the paw and hand work better.

Now I've hit a wall, been staring at this thing for 2 days and not a single good idea has come to me as to what else I can/should add.

I really would rather not add anything to the inside as that takes away from the whole 'planetarium' idea. I suppose I could put some statues or something around the outside, but there's not much room. Thought about changing the background so that it looks like its sitting on the top of a hill or mountain, not sure whether I like that idea or not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tomival Redux.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	3.85 MB 
ID:	8112  

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Are the moon phases on top of pedestals or are the part of the floor? Currently they do not appear to be part of the floor and look to be on pedestals or something.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

They are supposed to be part of the floor...hmmm maybe they need an inner shadow/glow.

I would go with an emboss myself. You might want to add some noise over the whole surface to give it more of a "used" look. You might even consider breaking out some grunge brushes to "dirty" it up just a bit. Unless of course you are going for the "recently built" look.

Great suggestions RP, I'll have to give them a try.

Wip Shrine of the MoonStar - 'Pondering waving the white flag'

OK, after several days of trying numerous ideas I'm about ready to surrender on this one. Nothing seems to look good, and I'm fresh out of ideas.

I did make a few minor changes;

1) Added the name of the 'temple'
    2) Added a door - it would help if you could get into the darn thing, it's meant to be somewhat subtle and not overly obvious
    3) I "grunged up" and added a texture to the Moon Phases

I initially had such high hopes for this, but now I'm just banging my head against the proverbial wall. Ugh!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tomival Redux.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	3.98 MB 
ID:	8148  

Do you have the psd file to post up? I think if you make a couple different filter tweaks you may be able to get something a bit more to your liking. What is probably bothering you is that everything looks to be reversed. For example, what you want to be a wall looks like a step down.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast