Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [SCRAPPED]Temple of Tomival (Moon God)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

RP - unfortunately the .PSD file is way to big to post (40+ MB RAR or 50+ MB ZIP).

It isn't all that uncommon for me to run into 'blocks' like this - it happens all the time and usually the best thing I can do is just walk away from it - so to speak, work on something else for awhile and come back to it later.

I have some other ideas I can work on in the mean time.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

*Brings out his Wand of Thread Ressurection*

OK, I started this late last year and got frustrated with it and shoved it aside. I really would like to finish it, but after looking at it again I'm still stuck as to where to take it from here.

Any ideas/suggestions/etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Maybe you could add some trees/etc. around it for a sense of scale. It looks almost flat, as if it were an outdoor shrine and people would stand on it.

I probably should have been more specific. To me it seems that something is missing from the shrine/temple it self. But I just can't seem to put my finger on it.

The grass is just there as a place holder of sorts, I can't stand looking at a solid colored background when I'm working on something. If I can ever get past this 'block I'll replace that with some sort of rocky/rough terrain.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I'm not sure the grass background is the way to go - how about having it as an island in the middle of a lake? That might look cool. Then you can have a moored boat (perhaps some form of weird magically powered boat that doesn't need sails) to give a sense of scale?

I had considered that at one point, it's worth re-visiting.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Another possibility is to get the grunge brushes out and dirty it up (it looks a little pristine at the moment!). Also, a bit f mist would look cool. If it's a moon temple, perhaps we should see it at night.

Those are all good ideas Torstan..thanks!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

What's missing for me is any sense of depth. The black color could be replaced with various shades of gray and then you can get your shadows and highlights in.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

The "nothingness" black, while thematically awesome is visually not so great IMO.

It seems to be the best point to put in a starfield or something in there...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast