Thread: The Twin Spirals of Aia

Post The Twin Spirals of Aia

Hello! I'm pretty new to this place, so my first posts might be wonky. The current project I'm working on is the Land of Aia, a whimsical place where the laws of reality are thrown out the window. Notable places include: Mount Oroboro, Lake Invertedness, where the waterfall ascends upward, and the Great River which flows right up into the sky. There's Cascadia, the Saus Desert, Mount Doodleboozer, and the Whirlpool. Plenty of secret Easter eggs abound.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_of_aia_by_angiemyst-da59xsq.png 
Views:	310 
Size:	6.86 MB 
ID:	85167

The spirals originate from the earth dragon Ga'ru and his abandonment of the sky to be with Iie, the water spirit. His firebreathing mouth forms the volcano Oroboro and his tail is the swirling Whirlpool.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iie_and_garu_by_angiemyst-da60kl1.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	85168

This is an intriguing map you have here! I really like the color scheme, it fits.together really well. I also like the myth behind the map. Is this for a story? A game? Or just because? Either way, done a really nice job!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

This one looks like fun! I'm glad you got Scotland in. I wouldn't want to be in a world that didn't have Scotland.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

An original way to immortalise the lovers, and what a rather lovely carefree piece. Nice work

This is an intriguing map you have here! I really like the color scheme, it fits.together really well. I also like the myth behind the map. Is this for a story? A game? Or just because? Either way, done a really nice job!
    Thank you for the kind words! Just because, I wanted a break from more "serious" worldbuilding and create a world that was a bit more colorful and fun! If all goes well, I might even start drawing a comic set here, who knows?
    Last edited by AngieMyst; 07-13-2016 at 01:57 AM.

This one looks like fun! I'm glad you got Scotland in. I wouldn't want to be in a world that didn't have Scotland.
    Every world has a Scotland, whether you realize it or not

Really creative idea. conjures up all kinds of ideas as to why it is shaped that way and what interesting features would come of it.