Thread: [First Commission] Empire of Ilt

Guild Journeyer

Default [First Commission] Empire of Ilt

Hey folks!

I recently got my first commission, and finally can share it here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	commission-seacore.png 
Views:	226 
Size:	1,019.3 KB 
ID:	85434

The client couldn't pay a lot, so we made a deal I would still do it, but keep it simple and not too fancy. So I used existing brushes, and came up with city icon from ProFantasy software instead of doing my own. Tower of Ilt is done by me.

It was fun project, I like the outcome and Im happy I met the deadline of three days.

Guild Expert

You did this in three day's!? My favorite part is the tower of Ilt, it looks good, but I think it would look even better if the entire map was done in the style of the tower, to me it's the highlight of the map. I still can't believe you did this in three day's, that's crazy, I can't even complete a map in two years, you should be proud of that, and congratulations on you're first commission.

Congratulations Ilgoth on your first commission!

This is an accomplished piece of work, especially considering the limited timescale. Have some rep

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work: as kacey says, the tower is the highlight of this piece.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Congrats on the commission!
    Looks great, and the tower is wonderful.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Journeyer

Thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    You did this in three day's!? My favorite part is the tower of Ilt, it looks good, but I think it would look even better if the entire map was done in the style of the tower, to me it's the highlight of the map. I still can't believe you did this in three day's, that's crazy, I can't even complete a map in two years, you should be proud of that, and congratulations on you're first commission.
    It was tough three days, especially I felt I stressed some extra for it being the first paid work.

The style on the tower was the style I used on all towns too, but the client didn't like my first town icons and asked me to change. Then it kind of broke, and they aren't similiar. But I agree, that tower is the highlight.

Congrats on your first commission Ilgoth! The tower of Ilgoth is my favorite element. The line-weight and shading are very good and I love the stylized cartoony look! The city/town icons look a bit off in this piece, given that they are smoother and have a thinner line-weight than the other elements. I understand that you were intending to keep things simple, given that this was an unpaid commission. However I think in the future if you were to hand draw all of the elements the way you did the tower your maps would be more visually consistent. That and I like your hand-drawn style Great work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh