Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Five Seas

Default The Five Seas

Been doing a lot of top down drawings, so I wanted to get back to a few perspective maps. Based it off of a real location, you can probably figure it out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheFiveSeas7.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	3.74 MB 
ID:	85891

Nice job ! I really like the color transitions and the shading, especially on the north-east coast, it gives depth to the coastline.

That's awesome snodsy
    I love it. It's a great color scheme.
    And a very interesting take on the region.
    Any story to go with this?

Edit - darn, must spread rep.
    i'll get back to ya

Snodsy... you are the king of the colour sphere. That is just so well under control, its cool even from a distance

EDIT: The transition of the land is just so beautiful it looks like satin or silk.
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-30-2016 at 02:26 PM. Reason: refinement of comment

Once again, snodsy... You've outdone yourself. This is just lovely. My favorite phrase...understated elegance. That's what this map makes me think of.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Snodsy... you are the king of the colour sphere. That is just so well under control, its cool even from a distance

EDIT: The transition of the land is just so beautiful it looks like satin or silk.
    Thanks guys for the comments and reps really appreciate it! Mouse - there are about 6 layers in Photoshop to the background - parchment, green/yellow/Browns/ painted in various areas at 20 percent/40 percent opacity, a fine textured stone pattern at 20 percent and a gradient color with 5 colors , all these at different opacities that I labor over again and again to get right - so it's nice when I get comment that seem to say it pays off😀 Thanks

I can see that I'm going to have to sit myself down and teach myself how to use GIMP!

I can see that I'm going to have to sit myself down and teach myself how to use GIMP!
    Not gimp photoshop

I'm a shoestring Cartographer Snodsy, and paying monthly for a piece of software that's just as expensive as my car insurance is waaaaaaay out of my range of affordability

Anyway - I thought GIMP was supposed to be the closest alternative to Photoshop. Would you happen to know a better one?

I'm a shoestring Cartographer Snodsy, and paying monthly for a piece of software that's just as expensive as my car insurance is waaaaaaay out of my range of affordability

Anyway - I thought GIMP was supposed to be the closest alternative to Photoshop. Would you happen to know a better one?
    I know what you mean, luckily I have photoshop 6 and haven't upgraded my system in a while, so I'm don't pay monthly, hopefully I can keep this setup for a while longer, but I'm sure at some point some issue will make me upgrade and I'll cringe every month

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast