So I've finally gotten around to actually downloading mapping software, and just downloading it is giving me a headache-inducing amount of trouble. I downloaded ProFantasy's World Builder bundle, i.e., Campaign Cartographer 3 Plus, City Designer 3, Dungeon Designer 3, and Fractal Terrains 3. CC3+ downloaded fine and seems to work, but everything else has been a nightmare.

First of all, everything downloads really slowly. Like, CC3+ and CD3 took half an hour each to download. FT3 seemed to download much quicker. This is not a problem per se, but does anyone know why this might be so?

I downloaded CD3 fine, but when I tried to install it it told me it couldn't find CC3+ on my computer, even though I had literally just downloaded it and it was actually open at the time. I downloaded CC3+ to the directory C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Profantasy\CC3Plus, which is not the default place to save. I don't think this should be a problem, but it's the only thing I can think of that could have gone wrong.

FT3 downloaded and installed fine, and when I ran it right after installation it opened fine, but then when I closed it and tried to reopen it through a start menu icon, at first it wouldn't open, and then it gave me a message saying that FT3 needed a program that wasn't on my computer to run, even though it had already opened once, and I've used the demo extensively with no problems. The exact message is "Fractal Terrains 3 Demo on your PC needs the following Windows feature: DirectPlay".

When I tried to install the feature, it just gave me the error message "The function attempted to use a name that is reserved for use by another transaction. Error code: 0x80071A90" and directed me to this help website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2734782

I have no idea what's wrong and it's incredibly frustrating. Moreover, when I told the thing to run FT3 without installing the feature, FT3 opened fine, or at least seemed to. Then I noticed that the version I had was 3.0.4, and the current version is 3.0.12, so I tried to update FT3. I downloaded and installed the update, but when I open FT3 I'm still stuck with v3.0.4.

I should note that in trying to open FT3, I went into the program folders and clicked on the file "FT.exe," which looks like it's the same thing as the start menu shortcut. I think it is, because it opens FT3 fine, and without the above error message, but it too is stuck on v3.0.4.

I should also note that I installed FT3 into the same directory as CC3+: C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Profantasy\FT3

I haven't tried downloading DD3 yet because I imagine I'll run into a similar problem as for CD3. This is incredibly frustrating, please help!