Thread: A new Project: Sembiarch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'd like to know how the mountains, and the rest of the map really, are going to be done...what sort of style? The trees look like a hand-drawn style but the forests (I think that's what they are) don't match. So give us a bit more and it should be much easier to help ya out if need be. On the positive side you have good rivers...countless people get em backwards, so kudos
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I'd like to know how the mountains, and the rest of the map really, are going to be done...what sort of style?
    Well currently the rest of the map is a green layer of nothingness

The style is a bit experimental. The woods I used on this mape are done in Photoshop, the mountains are drawn and colored because I have no idea how to do them otherwise and still give them a look I like.

Basically I want the map to look like a cross between realistic and still fantasy. I especially want to do everything in Photoshop / Corel Draw / Inkscape if possible.

Anyone got links to some good and (hopefully not too hard) tutorials?

On the positive side you have good rivers...countless people get em backwards, so kudos
    I make errors. But each only once

I watch out everytime I create rivers7seas that they never just split. Rivers grow downhill and on their way to the sea and I want to have that one right.