Thread: Agost, a land in the north.

Default Agost, a land in the north.

This is my first completed work that I designed as a concept and worked on as something other than a throwaway piece of fun. It is not based upon any work of fiction, or RPG campaign. I could not however avoid making stories in my head that followed the narrative of the map.

I believe that Agost is the northern portion of a larger continent. It appears to have been more heavily populated in the past, and that may have something to do with the fort that guards the Northeastern coast. I believe one of the main reasons that civilization clings to this rural northern outpost is the support of the mystical Lorna School that has persisted through all the various skirmishes, and predates the cities hugging the Tel Bay.

Drawn with pen and ink on watercolor paper that is just a bit too large for my scanner to handle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0236.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	544.5 KB 
ID:	85929

Good map, very pleasant hand-drawn style. Not so fond of the forests, but the coastline is excellent.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Looks good! Nice and creative way to depict the title/compass North.

Thank you guys. The coastlines are my favorite to draw.

I haven't found a style of forest yet that I love, I'm going to work on practicing a Schley look.

The other thing I wish I had done was make the icons about %25 smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really nice job on this. Coastlines are fab and I love the title. I don't mind the icons the size they are, but I suppose it all depends where you want the focus to be. They look good to me.

My rep powers are spent at the moment, but I'll try to come back later to rep you.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks. I guess the only reason I want them smaller is to fit more in. Guess that's a good reason to finish the next map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk