Thread: Advice On Map Idea

Wip Advice On Map Idea

Hello! First off, i'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this as i am brand spankin' new to this site! So don't hate me please!

Anyways i have just completed this rough draft for a map im making of a fantasy planet currently named "Hades III" I am here looking for name ideas and also what percentage of the planet you think would be water? (Out of pure curiosity) Thanks in advance -Cat Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hades III.png 
Views:	148 
Size:	651.4 KB 
ID:	86650
    Last edited by TheCatGuy; 08-15-2016 at 07:14 PM.

Hehe, well with a name like Hades III I'd assume very little water 70% land to water maybe?

Then again according to wikipedia the Greek underworld has a bunch of major rivers and may be located at the edge of an ocean...

How much water would be on the map would be determined entirely by your reason for making the map, I would think. If you're going for the traditional fantasy "just like Earth, only more so", then 70% water would be a good number because it's just like Earth (71%), only more so. Identifying mountains would nice, then any rivers, biomes, and so on.

Guess What Falconius! You wont believe this! I used a colour extract tool to find the percentage of colours in the image. You were spot on with 70% Water!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colorextract.PNG 
Views:	26 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	86651