Thread: The World of Thaelya - MAP

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Map The World of Thaelya - MAP

This is my world, the World of Thaelya. I worked on it from beginning to end in photoshop and learned how to draw and paint from Jonathon Roberts, the man who did the ASOIAF maps. It took me a week to complete this particular version, however I've been working on this world for a little more that two years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World of Thaelya.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	8.18 MB 
ID:	86769  

Well, you certainly have picked one of the great mappers to inspire you. And i really think that your map has a torstan-vibe (torstan is his CG name). So, well done!

I am not a big fan of the forests when i look at them in full zoom but that is very much matter of taste. I do think though, that your rivers need work. The color is off (imo) and they look more like "snakes" lying on top of your map. Also, some of your rivers have...improbable courses (i'm especially looking at the Dreary Run).

I do like your continental shapes (always a very important part to me ).

All in all a very fine map!

Care to elaborate a bit on the world itself? History, Races, what kind of era is it in (medieval, renaissance, ... ) etc. ?
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

You really do justice to your model, the map is amazing !

What a fabulous map! I am also a big fan of Jon Roberts maps and started out using his tutorials as well.
    Although I really like your forests they look a little top down compared to the mountains.
    I find "The Blue Vast" and the "Winter Sea" labels might be a little too big and prominent.
    You've mimicked his style WONDERFULLY, your mountains, sea and terrain colouring looks just like his, it's just like looking at another Jon Roberts map. Great job.To do it in a week too is very impressive.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Thank you for the tips. Much appreciated! I'm working on a new map so I'll be sure to work on the rivers and forests. As far as the world's history, I have thousands of words, passages and notes written on all that. I'm writing a fantasy series based in a medieval setting.

Thank you!