Thread: The Realm of Ayor

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Map The Realm of Ayor

This is a zoomed in version of the Ayor peninsula/kingdoms, from my world map I posted yesterday. I Made this in photoshop. It took a couple days. Its not completely finished yet as I'm still inputting more details. Please feel free to advise. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nmayormapped.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	4.23 MB 
ID:	86822

Another nice map! I really like how it's a zoomed in portion of the main main, that's cool. I think it could use a nice border!
    I have a few things to say about the map.

-Although the linework for the mountains is fantastic the shading is a little vague and doesn't look 'solid'.
    -The coastline looks rather pixalated when zoomed in
    -I can't say I'm fond of the city icons, though I suppose that is a matter of opinion.
    -The forests still seem a bit top down compared to the mountains.
    -On some of the text I find you've added a bit too much 'stroke' and 'outer glow'

I hope I'm not being too critical, it really is a great map.

I can't rep you again so soon unfortunately.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Not too critical at all. Thanks for tips. Some of these things I dont notice by myself so i need the outside eyes. Thanks! I'll definitely work on the forests and the details for the mountains

Very nice, the detail is great, i love the endless deep c:
    Im just starting with maps and world building, hopefully I can make something like this one day

looks really good

I concur with Josiah on all of the points he mentioned. However I would say that if you are new to map-making this is a very good start. There will always be things that can be improved upon, but you should take pride in having accomplished a fine map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter onez's Avatar

Looking really good!

As Josiah noted, I also think the trees/forest areas deserve some upgrading to match the mountains' excellent linework.

Also the green in some areas are a bit too flashy. I'm sure some adjustment layers can easily improve it.
    Of course this is not a flaw, but just my personal taste when it comes to map colours.

This is a truly remarkable work!

Beautiful map! I agree with my esteemed colleagues and I really like the color palette and style.