Thread: Troll Mountain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Surely... if it were to be considered a copyright infringement to draw a map of a story we have read, then none of us should be showing anything here on the Guild, for there isn't a story that hasn't already been told (in one form or other), including the one that I am to tell.

There is a theory that there are only 10 or so original stories in the whole of the world. Don't ask me what they are (though I am sure that a quick search of the internet would provide), but I keep hearing echoes of that popular belief all down the years.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, of course, but when I publish my novels they will all have their own official maps on my website. Still... I would be flattered to discover that someone had drawn their own version - especially someone with your kind of talent..

Its a tribute. That's what it is.

However, there's no accounting for how any individual would react to seeing such a tribute without some kind of prior knowledge that it existed, so I would follow Gamerprinter's advice and at least let the author know.

Thanks for the advise guys, I have tried to contact the artist, I've emailed him twice with no response, the first before I even started. Hopefully either he likes it or nothing at all comes of it, so no worries, appreciated the feedback, just didn't want to go down for doing something I enjoyed.

### Latest WIP ###Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TrollMtn10.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	86943

just updated the forests and huts, almost done.