Thread: Dunross

Guild Member

Default Dunross

This is a little town map I knocked up for my game. It's a town set in the foothills beneath some mineral rich mountains where mining settlements are ten-a-penny. This one is doing alright for itself and has become the center for a guild plus a few profitable businesses shipping minerals and metalwork back to civilization and bringing goods back.

Nothing fancy but I kinda like it. City building isn't my strongest but I like this one. Anyway, enjoy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	miningtown.JPG 
Views:	280 
Size:	4.69 MB 
ID:	86937

Lovely map, I really like the simplicity en bright colors, it work very well together. How did you make this map?

-Dan

Guild Member

Thanks Dan!

It's made in Campaign Cartographer with the city designer add on. The little elevation lines and some of the other little bits like the compass rose are from other symbol sets and I used a very blurred fractal road texture to add a little shading to the elevation. It was a quick (as these things go) job really.

I like cartoony and bright colors, especially on settlement maps. I love those buildings they have on the Bitmap B library on CD3, just really appeals to my taste.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Great map. Love the colors.. it also reminds me of that little town from the Temple of Elemental Evil adventure.. Homlet i believe it was... keep up the good work!