Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My AD&D Campaign Map

Wip My AD&D Campaign Map

Hello!

I've been playing D&D in some form since 1976 and I've made many maps but this is probably the most elaborate so far. This map represents the area where most of the gaming activity in my campaign takes place. I hadn't played since my college days when my nieces and nephew wanted to try it. So I whipped up this world on the fly (definitely NOT the best way to design a world). My first map was pretty much a cocktail napkin affair. We've been playing this campaign for almost 4 years so I thought is was high time I really properly fleshed out the world.

I created the map using Photoshop and FreeHand. I used some very excellent photoshop brushes by StarRaven. Some of the shield designs are from the awesome World of Greyhawk.

Constructive criticism and suggestions welcome! Thanks for looking!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EidroyaCompSmall.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	3.59 MB 
ID:	86936

Nice work! I really like the shield border.

Excellent map, your Nieces & Nephews are lucky

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

This is a really good map; I absolutely love it. Beautifully drawn and very detailed.

The mountains and hills look great. The color scheme is very good as well. The fonts work well with the overall composition. All in all a fabulous map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

This is a beautiful map. My first thought was Greyhawk so if that was what you were after you definitely hit the nail on the head here. Kudos and REP!!

Very beautiful ! I love the retro feel and I second Arsheesh, the colors are very good !

Nice work! Everything is so clear and legible, and that border is fab. It looks like a really immersive world for your gaming. Great job!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

All in all a very good map, as the others already said. Love the colors and the overall feel. I do think there are some parts that look a bit odd - mountains that seem to lean to one side, for example, or some of the rivers that look like they are lying on top of the map somehow. But those are minor details.

Always good to see a fellow roleplayer So welcome to the CG. And if you feel like it, tell us a bit about your world.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

First, thanks to all for the kind comments! Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Always good to see a fellow roleplayer So welcome to the CG. And if you feel like it, tell us a bit about your world.
    Why not? My campaign is built on a "chosen one" theme - one of the PC's is a Lady of a noble house from Courdeux which has been invaded (and conquered) by the Empire of the White Raven. Forced to flee, she has been given a quest - find the jewels of an ancient crown (which she has the bloodline to use) that have been scattered across the world. Her crown has 8 gems and as of this writing they have found 6.

Incidentally, my map is actually obsolete as the eastern portion of Courdeux is no more - Castlion, that shining city, gateway to the west, is now a smoldering ruin. Parts of Florant have also fallen.

One new bit of art - I'm working on a Greyhawk style Atlas of the world - here is the cover.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	86979

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast