Thread: Fractal Terrains 3.0.20 incise flow artifacts

Help Fractal Terrains 3.0.20 incise flow artifacts

Anybody know why incise flow, at any settings, would leave a straight series of deep, dashed lines with an insanely high border around them? It doesn't matter what settings I use, and it wasn't happened with the previous version. I'd provide a screencap but unfortunately my screen capture software is acting super wacky.

Alt+PrintScreen will capture the current window to the clipboard, where you can paste it into something like Paint to save as a postable image.

I did a quick check and can't reproduce anything like you describe. What are your world settings and what were the incise flow settings?
    Last edited by waldronate; 08-24-2016 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Alt+PrintScreen will capture the current window to the clipboard, where you can paste it into something like Paint to save as a postable image.

I did a quick check and can't reproduce anything like you describe. What are your world settings and what were the incise flow settings?
    It looks like it's happening on one of the seams at the edge (look at the right edge toward the bottom), when I do a select altitude range. It doesn't matter the projection, and I have set the lat/long on equirectangular to all 0s.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seam.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	264.3 KB 
ID:	86952

I can probably wriggle around with the world settings and see if it disappears.

EDIT: It looks like it's appearing at the -180 degree Longitude

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seam2.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	663.8 KB 
ID:	86956
    Last edited by Wil; 08-25-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Blog Entries

that looks a bit like the selection "marching ants"
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

I don't see anything that looks like a serious artifact, but if you had that selection in place when you did an operation, then that missing last column along the -180/+180 line in the selection would probably account for a step there. I haven't been able to get that bug (missing column on date line) properly resolved and I keep forgetting to recommend avoiding that part of the world just like we do here on Earth. Think how lucky we were that England is almost exactly opposite about longest vertical span of no-land on the planet!

I don't see anything that looks like a serious artifact, but if you had that selection in place when you did an operation, then that missing last column along the -180/+180 line in the selection would probably account for a step there. I haven't been able to get that bug (missing column on date line) properly resolved and I keep forgetting to recommend avoiding that part of the world just like we do here on Earth. Think how lucky we were that England is almost exactly opposite about longest vertical span of no-land on the planet!
    It's serious actually. When it crops up it creates dashed lines super deep with an insanely high border.

Is there any way to "move" the landmasses onto different longitude?

If you haven't done any land editing yet (or nothing too major), you can move the fractal function by setting the north pole in Map>>World Settings on the Secondary page. Set the Longitude to 90 and the world will shift 90 degrees to the right. I don't think that I made it resample the editing channels, though. Sorry.

If you haven't done any land editing yet (or nothing too major), you can move the fractal function by setting the north pole in Map>>World Settings on the Secondary page. Set the Longitude to 90 and the world will shift 90 degrees to the right. I don't think that I made it resample the editing channels, though. Sorry.
    The fact I thought I had ditched the artifacts and moved forward with a bunch of editing already cost me a bunch of time, so I flipped it and it looks like my landmasses are outside of that longitude now. Thanks for your help...I like having the two landmasses and was getting bummed about possibly having to abandon that particular map.