Thread: Hillburg - Provincial Town

Guild Member

Default Hillburg - Provincial Town

Here's another little town I've made for an upcoming campaign I am preparing. Hillburg will be the initial hub of the campaign, a frontier town on top of an isolated hill, enclosed in a palisade and the center for Imperial activity in a largely uninhabited wild country. It's not a large town but acts more as the central trading spot for a few smaller settlements within fifteen miles or so on more fertile ground that bring in food and other commodities to be sold or bought and shipped back to distant civilization.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HilburgTown.JPG 
Views:	1206 
Size:	7.07 MB 
ID:	87401

Very nice map. My only critique would be that the walls look a little like noodles.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Great job on this. I like the various textures and colors. Agree with Josiah, the only critique is the walls are a bit "smooth".

Guild Member

I love noodles

I see what you mean, I wanted a palisade type wall but there really isn't a good "spikey" topped wooden wall tool in CC3+ that goes with the buildings style I like and I'm not sure how to go about making one. Something for a future project, perhaps, as the next couple of town maps I need for the campaign have stone walls and I've got a better tool for those.