Thread: Battlemap: The Siege of Greenshade

Guild Apprentice

Default Battlemap: The Siege of Greenshade

I had completely forgotten that I finished this map over a month ago but never posted it here. This is the battlemap that I used during the climactic final of my last D&D campaign.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Full Town Final Encounter BLUE final.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	4.70 MB 
ID:	87317

This is the town of Greenshade, which my party had been defending from an invasion of goblins and other foul beasties. The final battle took place as a siege during a foggy night. The town's defenses were planned entirely by my party, which is why the walls have been placed where they are, and why there are a bunch of weird spikey rocks up on the southern cliff face (they didn't help).

Because I'm mean, I also prepared a giant crater for the middle of the battlefield for when the Big Bad Evil Boss Guy showed up to mess up their night. This is an overlay that goes on top of the main map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Full Town Final Encounter CRATER.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	87318

If I had to go back I would chill out on the fog surrounding the town, but drawing the map was a race against time before the day of the final session, so I had to make do. I hope you all like the map. Feel free to use it in any RPG setting that might need a tiny night time town combat sequence.

PS: Sorry for the stupidly high resolution, I have no idea where I put the original .psd to export a lower res version.

These are very nicely done indeed! The colors are fabulous. I'm sure these maps were well appreciated by your players. Have some rep.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Awesome work! I love that one with the crater. Hope your players enjoyed themselves.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Wow, those are very, very impressive maps. Those burning houses look awesome. Great job!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Really nice maps there! take some rep!

Very nice colors and an excellent use of light & shadows!