Thread: Jangeng Canyon- Commission

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Map Jangeng Canyon- Commission

The third map I've done for Shrike Studio's Emissary roleplaying system. A desert canyon under siege by different parties on a distant planet.

© Shrike Studios 2016 - All rights reserved.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	emissary_3rd_commission_final_upload_by_stratomunchkin-dagkqoj.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	800.6 KB 
ID:	87261

Nice map with fun and detailed elements, Wired! I think it works better at full size for me, because the different sites seems less "scattered" somehow.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Fine map, the colouring is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Nice map with fun and detailed elements, Wired! I think it works better at full size for me, because the different sites seems less "scattered" somehow.
    It seems a bit disjointed, doesn't it? I know it bothered me a bit once I reached the final stages of the map. I thought about adding something in the way of some smaller rock formations and ravines down on the canyon's ground level to add some variance there, but I had little in the way of information from the client with regards to the topographic makeup of the canyon floor, and at times he's been rather illusive during the commission process for the "Emissary" maps (in his defence, he's basically running the whole Kickstarter & writing project by himself, and was in hospital because of something with his foor for some time as well). However, in the absence of information and timely feedback I try to err on the side of caution, as artistically unfulfilling as that may prove to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Fine map, the colouring is very good.
    Thank you; compared my latest maps I'm rather happy that it didn't turn out too saturated, and I'm glad the canyon walls turned out the way they did in the "Grand Canyon" palette.

I really like this, it has a vibrant 1980's sifi vibe to it; good work.

Great job on this, the mining pits are spectacular and your canyon is really well done as are the wasteland shadow and highlight, so rep worthy!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordIndy View Post
    I really like this, it has a vibrant 1980's sifi vibe to it; good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Great job on this, the mining pits are spectacular and your canyon is really well done as are the wasteland shadow and highlight, so rep worthy!!
    Thank you!!!

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Nice look, what's the scale? Maybe it's implicit in the text. The labels over the brown cliffscape to the bottom right are hard to read though.